In the coming weeks, LoyaltyGames will launch an exciting new blog article series called Loyalty Technicians. The mission of the Loyalty Technicians blog is to showcase the latest and greatest thinking in data and analytics at the heart of Loyalty, Rewards and Gamification. Guest articles are powered by leading industry practitioners, researchers and corporates that love data-driven approaches to Loyalty, Rewards Programs, Gamification, Games-based Learning, Mobile and Social, Digital Marketing and a wide-range of Loyalty topics. Discover tips, quizzes, tactics, techniques, best practice skills, academic research, cutting edge innovations and quantitative studies into Customer Loyalty, Digital Marketing, Gamification, Games-based Learning across many Loyalty topics.
“Loyalty Technicians celebrates how data and technology are transforming marketing and organizational insights. The future of the Loyalty and Marketing industries will be driven by data-driven approaches and customer analytical techniques. We celebrate the numbers and data in everything gamification, loyalty and engagement,” said John R Persico, Executive Director of the Loyalty and Gamification World Championships.
A New Series of Analytical Articles from Industry Leaders
Guest Blogs and readers typically work in the following industries and job roles:
• Chief Information Officer (CIO)
• Marketing and Sales
• Management and Strategy Consulting
• Business Transformation
• Project Management
• Product Management
• Product Marketing
• Technology and E-Commerce
• Digital Marketing
• Business Development
• Human Resources and Talent
• University Research
Guidelines for Guest Blogs
Writing a blog for “Loyalty Technicians” is an exciting way to build your global reputation, attract new clients and collaborate with passionate minds on your favourite data-driven Loyalty-related topics:
• Articles must be focused on technically topics to the LoyaltyGames community (www.theloyaltygames.com) that involve measuring, qualitifying and data or numbers in Loyalty and any related industries.
• Articles are typically between 500-3,000 words and explore tipcs, new research, best practice, real-world case studies and cutting-edge technical concepts.
• We strongly encourage authors to provide screenshots and comprehensive references if required to keep articles authoritative and of the highest standard.
• LoyaltyGames Question Design Team (QDT) reserves the right to ask for revisions and certain improvements where an article requires some further substantiation, additional references or appear to be commercial advertisement.
• You are welcome to write a regular series of blogs.
• Advertising is unavailable for the “Loyalty Technicians” – it’s strictly educational and peer-generated content. Please direct sponsorship and other enquiries for the World Championships via the www.TheLoyaltyGames.com website.
Examples of articles and subjects for “The Technicians” include:
• Data-Driven Marketing in Industry and Enterprise
• Employee Workplace and Wellness Programs
• Quantifying the benefits of Rewards, Incentives and Customer Loyalty Programs
• Retail Analytics
• Customer Insights and Strategy
• Measuring Gamification Programs
To submit your Guest Blog article for Loyalty Technicians or to request a confidential discussion, please email Matthew Persico (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please allow 24-48 hours for a response.